I'm a big fan of buttery pastries, give me a slice of butter cake anytime and I would be the happiest person on earth, during that few minutes of devouring the cake, that is. That would also explain why there isn't any post on chiffon cake after more than 3 years of blogging. Chiffon cake to me is, well, simply too dry and not "oily" enough. But I think I am going to try out chiffon cake soon, as I have brought along a few mini chiffon cake pans which I got from the Daiso in Singapore. But that will be another post for another time.
This time round, I'm going to share another wonderful recipe that I adapted from this book again. It's a yummy and buttery shortbread recipe with coffee and wheat flavours. If you are like me, who craves for anything with loads of butter from time to time, this is a recipe that you wouldn't want to miss!
Coffee and Wheat Shortbread Recipe
100g plain flour
50g wheat flour
30g caster sugar
150g plain flour
1 tbs instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tsp of hot water
30g caster sugar
Method (Wheat shortbread):
1) Cut cold butter into 5mm cubes, keep it in the fridge until ready to be used.
2) Lightly greased a 18-cm tart pan with removable bottom.
3) Mix plain flour, wheat flour and caster sugar evenly in a mixing bowl.
4) Rub in butter with hands until the flour mixture is completely incorporated and a smooth dough is formed.
5) Spread and press the dough onto the tart pan. Using the back of a knife, score the dough lightly into 8 wedges. This will make the shortbread easier to cut once it is baked.
6) Keep the tart pan with dough in the fridge for 30 mins. In the mean time, pre-heat the oven to 160 deg C.
7) Remove the dough from the fridge, and then bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
8) While the shortbread is still hot, cut it into 8 wedges and let it cool to room temperature.
**For coffee shortbread, the only difference during the preparation process is to add the dissolved coffee in the flour mixture together with butter.
Saturday, 30 August 2008
Posted by Piggy | Category: Cookies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.