With the summer in full swing at the moment, the last thing that I want to do is to spend too much time in the kitchen. Well, if you ask me, I'd rather lie flat on the floor all day long with a fan blowing on my face, and stare blankly at the ceiling, instead of slogging in the kitchen. ;-)
Simple dishes like cold noodles or salads have become my regular meals these days. But when I crave for something different in my diet, I'd try out some new recipes which do not require lengthy preparations and one such dish that I cooked recently was a tomato and mozzarella tart. The recipe calls for a few simple ingredients and the preparation is straightforward and simple too. Serve the yummy tart with a glass of icy cold drink and the combo is absolutely perfect for summer days!
Tomato and Mozzarella Tart Recipe
Recipe adapted from タルト 私のとっておき
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
To saute the onion:
1 small onion, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
For the toppings:
2 tomatoes, slice thinly
150g mozzarella, cut into pieces
5 or 6 pieces (or more) of basil leaves, cut into thin slices
Salt, pepper and olive oil
1) Melt the butter in a heated frying pan, saute the onion until it turns light brown colour. Add salt and pepper, do a few quick stirs. Dish out the onions and set aside.
2) Preheat the oven to 200 deg C.
3) Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface, then cut into a circle with diameter of 20cm. Bake in the oven for about 10 mins.
4) Remove the puff pastry from the oven, spread out the onions on top, but leave 2cm of allowance at the edge.
5) Arrange tomato slices and mozzarella on top of the onion. Add 2 or 3 spoonfuls of olive oil on the tomato and mozzarella mixture, follow by salt and pepper. Then spread the basils on top of the tart.
6) Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the puff pastry turns golden brown.
7) Remove from oven, cut into slices and serve.
Saturday, 17 July 2010
Posted by Piggy | Category: Tart
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.