I had some leftover pumpkin puree from the caramel pumpkin pie that I baked few days ago. So I made pumpkin cream with the puree and then sandwiched the cream with half a batch of cinnamon flavoured sugar cookies.
The remaining sugar cookies batter was mixed with ground hazelnut, and then I used a set of cute cookies cutter to cut the dough.
Pumpkin Cream Sandwich Cookies Recipe
To make cinnamon flavoured sugar cookies (half batch):
Adapted from Carole Walter's Great Cookies
1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour, spooned in and leveled
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, slightly firm
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon mixture = 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon + 1 teaspoon sugar
1) Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2) Using an electric mixer, whip butter and sugar on medium-low speed.
3) Using a fork, beat the egg and vanilla together, mix into the butter-sugar mixture.
4) Add the dry ingredient and mix only until the mixture begins to form a mass.
5) Transfer the dough to a floured surface, knead for 4-5 times, or until smooth.
6) Mix the cinnamon mixture into 1/4 of the dough. Lightly knead the mixture 3 or 4 times into the dough to create a marbled effect.
7) Shape the dough into two disks and then wrap them with plastic. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
8) Preheat the oven to 350 deg C.
9) Remove the dough from the fridge. Working with 1 disk at a time, roll the dough to a 1/16-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookies cutters. Place the cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper.
10) Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
11) Let the cookies stand on tray for 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
To make pumpkin cream:
Adapted from 脇雅世さんちのからだにやさしいかんたんおやつ
200g pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon fresh cream
1) Warm the pumpkin puree in microwave oven.
2) Add sugar and butter into the puree. Using a whisk, mix until the sugar has melted. Mix in fresh cream.
To make cookies sandwich:
1) Once the cookies are cooled completely, spread them with pumpkin cream.
Saturday, 23 October 2010
Posted by Piggy | Category: Cookies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.