Cream Cheese Chiffon Cake Recipe
Recipe adapted from ちっちゃなチーズケーキのレシピブック
45g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
30g cream cheese, at room temperature
40g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2 egg whites
2 tbs water
1 tbs vegetable oil
For the cream cheese topping:
150ml fresh cream
3 tbs cream cheese
1 tbs caster sugar
1) Whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2) Pre-heat the oven to 170 deg C. Grease a 7-cm diameter muffin pan.
3) Using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese and 1/2 of the sugar until smooth. Add yolk, follow by water and oil. Beat well with each addition.
4) Sift flour mixture into (3). Using a rubber spatula, mix until just combined.
5) In a separate bowl, beat egg white until frothy. With the mixer running, add the remaining sugar in a slow stream and continue to beat until the egg whites are glossy and form firm peaks.
6) With a light hand, fold 1/3 of egg white into cream cheese mixture until just combined.
7) Repeat step (6) with the remaining egg white.
8) Scrape the batter into muffin pan. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean.
9) Let the cakes cool on wire rack while you prepare the cream cheese topping.
10) Put all topping ingredients (except strawberry jam) in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip the mixture over a larger bowl filled with iced water until frothy.
11) Spread the topping on the cakes, topped with 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam. Serve.
Friday, 12 November 2010
Posted by Piggy | Category: Cake
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.